Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wii boxing has kicked my butt

I tried Wii boxing for the first time last night.  We've had our Wii for about 3 years now but I haven't ever had the strong desire to attempt boxing...until now.  Jas was feeling pretty mucus-y (I don't know if that's a word but I'm going to use it here because it is the most applicable adjective that I can come up with) and so we decided to forgo our nightly walk.  I decided that since I needed some type of physical activity to get my heart rate up, I would try Wii boxing.  OY!  Within three 1 min. fights, I was huffin' and puffin', hard core.  By 10 min., I seriously thought that I was dying.  My arms were screaming at me "STOP!" and my chest felt like it was going to cave in.  But, I did enough physical activity to get my heart rate up for about 20 min.  As much as I ache all over this morning, I still plan to spread the mulch in the front yard and go on our nightly walk this evening.  Man, I cannot WAIT for water aerobics to begin!

1 comment:

  1. I love Wii boxing - and you are right - it is a work out in and of itself!!

    ReplyDelete