Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A little about me...

Like you really wanted to know...well, of course you did! Otherwise, you wouldn't be reading this right now!
I am 5'9", 125 lbs., tan, long blonde hair...wait, that's a lie. Actually, I am a big girl who loves to eat, has great hair, and a penchant for silver jewelry, tattoos, and cruising. Jas and I have been together since that cold, rainy night in November of 1993. We got married in Vegas (Yes, Vegas. No, not by Elvis.) in 1997 and Ethan followed 3 years later. Right now, it's just the 3 of us (along with Lily, our little girl cat, Queen Petunia, and Henry, our small panther). I have a sneaking suspicion that God is going to surprise us with another kid before I turn 40, so I am already getting myself mentally prepared for the late nights, mounds of laundry, and stinky diapers. I am happy one way or another, although Ethan is turning 10 this year and I honestly don't know what I would do with a Haldebaby.
I went back to college 2006 after taking 10 years off to "find myself". (Guess what? I'm still looking!) What I did find, however, was my love for teaching. Now, when I was in high school, if someone would've told me that I was going to be a teacher, I would've laughed AND done a spit-take in their general direction. But, God got me by the ears (OUCH!) and I listened. It's been 2 and 1/2 years since I grad-jee-ated from NSU and I still love walking in to my class everyday.
I wish that I could say that I am as confident on the inside as others perceive me to be but, alas, I am not. It's been a tough road to hoe but I think that I'm starting to make progress. As I get older, I have begun to realize that not everybody feels the same way about me that I do, good or bad. And you know what? I think that it's getting to be okay with me. The whole Facebook deal stressed me out to no end but what I began to realize was that it doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks about me. There are going to be small-minded people out there that want me to crash and burn. OH, WELL. Can I change their minds? Nope. And I'm not going to die trying.
Okay...moving on.

1 comment: